After releasing their stunning comeback album ‘Weather Diaries’, Ride have shared more new material with a bursting track named ‘Pulser’.
The new song is produced by DJ Erol Alken, who produced Mystery Jets second record, ‘Twenty One’ and Rides latest album ‘Weather Diaries’. He also owns his own record label named ‘Phantasy’, which has released music for electronic artists Daniel Avery and Alkens own project, Beyond The Wizard Sleeve.
According to Ride’s drummer, Loz Colbert, the track “reimagines old organ samples, transmissions from space, effects, heavy beats and pulsing chords.” He also says that the title is a reference to “the ’60s instrumental ‘Telstar’ in name and theme; and the idea was to come up with some kind of ‘space anthem’ about light, existence, travel and return.”
Its a modern take on shoegaze and shows the development of Ride as a band since returning to the scene.
Ride embark on a UK tour which begins next Tuesday IN London. The band will play:
- O2 Kentish Forum, London – 7th November 2017
- O2Institute, Birmingham – 8th November 2017
- SWX, Bristol – 9th November 2017
- Beckett Student Union, Leeds – 10th November 2017
- O2 Academy 1, Liverpool – 12th November 2017
- Boiler Shop, Newcastle – 13th November 2017
- Queens Hall, Edinburgh – 14th November 2017
- The SSE Hydro, Glasgow – 16th December 2017 (Supporting Mogwai)
Tickets for the shows can be found on the bands website
Featured image courtesy of Stereoboard